Wednesday, October 26, 2016

2 - It's important you understand correctly something about what he said.

Remember this part? : How he wouldn't have been at all surprised if that shaggy thing was some kind of demon that come from inside the mountain? He wasn't aiming to be dramatic. He'd say all the time ,deadly serious, how there was a reason behind why all the stories he told me sounded so crazy. He said it was the Nazis. But not really the Nazis. They were just like puppets he says. "Green sleeves hide the arms," he's say. Like I would ever know what that meant. And when I would ask him about it, he'd look at me like I'd just tracked dog shit in again. Then he'd get all quiet and suddenly blurt out "conducting satanic and INHOLY (how he says it) experimentations inside of those mountains." 

He was sure of it. Whatever it was.

Now, I'm not saying I ever believed much, if anything, that Lucas would tell me of course. But nutty as it sounds, it is at least a reason that makes sense given what all he told me about before and since. And right after he said it, I thought to myself that I have heard before that the Nazi's did follow around with some strange shit. Then he'd say real sudden -like to answer my thought- that it was common knowledge. Which got me. Did I say that out loud? Anyway, then he said to just look at what they wore, right? But beyond that, he'd say he had real proof. That it started with how the villagers were always on about this movement of sorts around the villages on the mountains called the GREENSLEEVES, he said, what coincidentally just showed up in the months before the War began. 

Among other things, they were the reason for it not being safe to go out into the wood at night. He said every once in a while one of the kids or one of the more dim of the bunch would go out and not come back. The rest that was left would get so worked up about it, he'd say. Like chattering monkeys. The villagers thought the greensleeves were eating who they caught or sacrificing them to the devil or some silliness like that. But boy were they wrong, he'd always chuckle- Lucas was kind of a sick fuck, sense-of-humor wise. Then he'd again swear up and down he had proof. And then he'd say about when they discovered what was really going on, those mountain goats more than shit themselves. And how a few of them actually did drop dead straightaway "and good", he'd say. And then he'd get this real satisfied look on his face. He never did seem to get over how they always made fun of him on account of his dentures. And how they never helped him get a more presentable set or get him laid at least or anything like that to show their appreciation for what he did for them. They were always shitty to him because he was a hillbilly, he said. As if they were some high society or something, he would snort at me. 

Besides all that, I'd always tell him at this point that none of that so far sounded like proof to me. And he'd always snicker and say that he knew that and then called me fuckstick. And then like always, he'd promise me I'd get it when he come to it. And also like always, I would believe it when I saw it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment